Outdoor bar and dining sets are a great way to enjoy the great outdoors in the midst of your own backyard. It’s quite possible that the color of your frames may be fading from sitting on the hot porch for many summers! Adding a little touch up paint to your aluminum outdoor furniture can make it last for many more years.
If your slings are still in great condition, it would seem wasteful to buy a completely new set. Rather than being content with this eye-sore, you can easily repaint your Aluminum Sling Furniture to Mirror your Unique Style! Our quick & easy 8-Step Guide will teach you How to Paint Outdoor Sling Chairs!
What you’ll need
• A bucket of soapy-water and a scrubbing brush.
• Sanding block with medium grit sandpaper.
• 2 inch Painters Tape and Spray Paint to match your outdoor décor/theme.
• A small paint brush
8-Steps to Paint Metal Patio Furniture!
1. Rub the frames of your dining set with a sanding block to create texture and help the adhesive properties of the paint.
2. Scrub frames with soapy-water and rinse thoroughly to remove any dirt.
3. Line the edges where the frame meets the sling to outline the seat.
o Tip: Get a perfect line by running your finger in between the crevice of the sling and the frame.
4. Cover the seat with newspaper, using Painters Tape to create a proper seal.
5. Spray paint all frames in a ventilated room that does not have any wind blowing.
6. Remove tape and the newspaper wrappings. Inspect for any imperfections or spots you may have missed.
7. Allow chairs 24-48 hours to dry depending on the humidity levels of the area you live in.
8. Arrange your new set and enjoy!
Remember, if you are unhappy with the color or the finish on your newly repainted outdoor set, you can always go over it again! Sand all frames to create a texturized surface and follow the same steps over! This allows you to have flexibility if you are unhappy with your color selection or possibly if you change the theme of your outdoor oasis!
If you’re not interested in repainting your Aluminum frames, be sure to Browse Our Selection of Outdoor Bar, dining, & sectional sets! We offer many different styles and colors to choose from!
- How to Revitalize Your Wicker Furniture with Spray Paint
- How a Little Simple Maintenance will keep Your Outdoor Furniture Strong Indefinitely
- 7 Ways to Keep Outdoor Furniture From Blowing Away
About this Post
Cheryl Khan is an interior designer and freelancer who enjoys weekend DIY projects. Although she would be the first to tell you that she is not an artist, she feels quite accomplished when working with a can of spray paint!